Wednesday, November 26, 2008

this went a different direction that i was expecting

I am thankful for my Abba’s grace, that he’s not disappointed in my lack of thankfulness, that his kindness leads me to repentance.

I am thankful for my baby girl, whose unplanned presence in our lives is a perfect one. I do not believe that a planned child is more important than an unplanned child under any circumstances, and never will.

I am thankful that God has given me the privilege of bearing and raising a child. I know he values the role of a mother far beyond what we’d expect, and that every pregnant woman is BLESSED.

I am thankful for my husband, who is currently installing the car seat, who has given me backrubs when he’s exhausted, who has dedicated himself to becoming an excellent birth coach, who taught me from the beginning: “This little zygote is a gift from God. It’s gonna be great.”

I am thankful that I can cast every anxiety on God, because he cares for me.

My life is dramatically good, and I know not everyone’s is. But we have a God who is strong. We have a God who loves us, and he knows what we need.

I am thankful that his kingdom comes and is coming.

No comments: